Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's Grrrrrape?

The latest bike for sale is an old Simpsons Sears cantilever frame bike with 24" wheels, ape hangers, banana seat and a 5 speed with a stick shift! Both my wife and I thought it wouldn't last one hour and someone would be here throwing money at me. But it's the total opposite, I've had two people want it. One tried a little to see it but it didn't work out. The other person's A.D.D. must have kicked in and he never got back to me. That's two people out of the 1258 people that have looked at it... yes I keep a counter. I know it's October, not exactly the bike buying time of year but this bike is awesome. I got it in trade for a BMX bike from the original owner. It needed allot of help, the gears didn't work, the shifter looked like it had never worked, the brake was an ornament, the bars were bent and it was dirty. I fixed the shifter, got the gears working and cleaned and lubed all of the drive train. I replaced the bent bars, straightened and tensioned the wheels, installed good brakes on the front and back with new levers,cables and pads. Cleaned the whole thing and found some grips that match the sidewalls. The total cost was around $300 but it is fall and I'm trying to build some equity for hopefully some big news soon. So I am currently asking $200 but after writing this I think I'll raise the price....HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment