Friday, January 8, 2010

ok





So I was doing a mock up on the next bike. Had wheels, handle bars, seat & post and even a seat post clamp. Sat down to get the feel. For some reason the front wheel is way off to left field... eek. Grabbed another fork, same thing... double eek. Started measuring like a mad man, had levels out, rulers, you name it. Nothing wrong with the frame but the fork was way off. Walked around in circles for a while, huffing and puffing to calm down a little. Started doing the math to get forks in from Cali and fell out of my chair due to "brown's" shipping charges, the only way the place in Cali ships. Got back up, looked around for a while and found some out of Florida that don't ship "brown". YAY! Ordered enough sets for the remaining frames and settled down. The only thing is the new forks are chrome. So the rest of the bikes will have chrome forks like my white bike. The only one to have color matching forks will be the black #1 bike... I might have to keep it now. I also have a place in Canada that will build frames for me now, but I have to order 50... triple eek. But a Canadian bike company with a frame made in Canada..... priceless. Also looked into getting a frame chromed... fell out of my chair again, but did manage to find some really cool looking powder coating. Oh yeah, if you were just at the website and are thinking about buying the BB. You will get a genuine UM bikes certificate of authenticity signed and laminated by me if you buy the #1. I figure if PD can do it so can I. Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment