Saturday, June 4, 2011

There's a snake in the shop!

One of my more "colorful" regular customers was in the shop earlier this week and left behind a box which formerly contained chocolate covered almonds.
I was closing up and picked up the box off of the floor and it felt like something was in there. I opened it up and expected some chocolatey treats but in the box was a snake! Yes a snake. I closed it up quickly and put the little box into a bigger box then put them in the sink for some reason. Thinking he would come back the next day, I rushed to the shop to check on the snake and it was gone!
So I had a snake roaming freely about the bike shop for the better part of the week. Then yesterday after my "I'm coming home" phone call, I turned around and there is the snake. He reared up and was trying to pick a fight. I quickly retrieved its former home from the sink, threw it on the floor and somehow coaxed it into the box. I then taped up (made sure it could still breath) the almond box so it couldn't escape again, then put that box in an even bigger box (about three feet high... it's not getting out of there) and locked it in the washroom.... after turning the heater on so it will stay warm. So once again the shop is safe and snake free (almost).

No comments:

Post a Comment